In this 5-minute tech tip about Oracle Cloud, we are going to look at Oracle PaaS (Platform as a Service) offerings. PaaS offerings from Oracle includes JCS (Java Cloud Service) i.e. WebLogic, OTD & Coherence, DBCS (Database Cloud Service), ICS (Integration Cloud Service), IDCS (Identity Cloud Service) and lot more.
So let’s first understand what all options for cloud are available. Cloud has three service models:
- SaaS (Software as a Service): This includes Fusion Applications – HCM Cloud, Financials Cloud etc
- PaaS (Platform as a Service): This is where you run Oracle Technologies as Platform like Database, WebLogic, GoldenGate, API Gateway, Identity & Access Management etc
- Iaas (Infrastructure as a Service): This is Compute, Memory, and Network
In this video, we are going to focus on PaaS (Platform as a Service).
As discussed in the video, PaaS is a broad service that caters to the need of Developers, the line of Business Users and Corporate IT Department etc. So let’s see from high-level perspective what all offerings you from Oracle related to PaaS.
- JCS (Java Cloud Service): By using Oracle Java Cloud Service, you can quickly create, configure and manage your Java enterprise edition environment in the cloud which includes Oracle Weblogic Server domain as an application container and Oracle Traffic Director as a software load balancer, Coherence for caching and data grid functionality. It runs on top of Oracle Compute Service.
- DBCS (Database Cloud Service): It provides you the ability to deploy Oracle databases in the cloud with each database deployment containing a single Oracle Database. You have full access to the features and operations available with the native Oracle Database. Oracle providing the compute power, physical storage and optionally tooling to simplify routine database management and maintenance operations.
- ICS (Integration Cloud Service): It is designed for SaaS integration, complete secure but light weight integration solution that enables you to connect your applications in the cloud. It simplifies connectivity between your applications and connects both your applications directly in the cloud and applications which are still on-premise. You have pre-built integrations for common scenarios.
- IDCS (Identity Cloud Service): Oracle Identity Cloud Service helps you achieve the people-centric security that’s both seamless and transparent to your users. Get a single point of management for all your on-premises and cloud systems, with one view of all your employees, partners, and customers.
Note: Oracle EBS (R12) can run on just IaaS or IaaS with PaaS
These are a just handful of PaaS Offerings that Oracle has to offer. We cover all PaaS Offerings overview in dedicated module in our all three Cloud Training i.e. Start Your Journey to Cloud, Build, Manage & Migrate Oracle Database in Cloud for DBAs, and Install, Manage, Migrate EBS (R12) on Cloud
To keep getting useful discussions and daily updates on Oracle Cloud, Join our private group on Facebook dedicated to Oracle Cloud
- Download our Step By Step Guide to Create Oracle Cloud Account and Create Your first Oracle Database on Cloud. If you need any help then post comments below