K21 Academy has been receiving a lot of queries on how to resolve the “Blank Page Issue in Oracle E-Business Suite while opening EBS Admin URL (http://hostname.domainname:port) ” so we have collected most common root cause for Blank Page.
Through this post, I am going to show you how to troubleshoot the Blank Page Issue and various possible reasons which are the root cause of this issue.
These issues mostly occur with the newly cloned system. However, older systems are too affected by this, the listener can be down or the pages get corrupted because of a bug or maybe the instance is too slow to load the page there are many causes, let’s find out what might be affecting your system and how to resolve it.
These are some of the main reasons for the APPS blank login page in EBS 12.2
- Missing class files in the OA_HTML directory.
- JSP pages not compiled properly.
- Just after the clone.
- Database Listeners are down.
- Archive log space is full.
- Java Cache issues between the multiple middle-tiers.
- The instance is very slow/inaccessible.
[Error 1]: This issue is caused due to missing class files in the OA_HTML directory.
[Solution]: We can see the below error in oacore application.log file
javax.servlet.ServletException: oracle.classloader.util.AnnotatedClassNotFoundException: Missing class: _AppsLocalLogin
Please perform the below steps:
- Shutdown the application services
- Compile the jsp’s manually using the below command: perl $FND_TOP/patch/115/bin/ojspCompile.pl –compile –flush -p 2
- Check whether all the jsp’s are getting compiled successfully
- Restart the application services
- Clear the browser cache
- Try to open the R12 Login page
[Error 2]: AppsLocalLogin?.jsp page was displaying errors
[Solution]: Edited the $IAS_ORACLE_HOME/Apache/Jserv/etc/jserv.properties
- Set wrapper.bin.parameters=-DLONG_RUNNING_JVM=false
- Add the line wrapper.bin.parameters=-DCACHEMODE=LOCAL
- Restarted Apache for these changes to take effect and retested the issue
Error 3: After a clone
[Solution]: Make the following changes
- adopmnctl.sh stopall — to shutdown opmn managed services viz., opmn, forms, oacore & oc4j
- cd $COMMON_TOP/_pages
- mv _pages _pages_old
- cd $FND_TOP/patch/115/bin or export PATH=$FND_TOP/patch/115/bin:$PATH
Compile all jsps. “perl ojspCompile.pl –compile –flush -p 2 (-p represents parallel threads, you can use from 1 or 10)”
- adopmnctl.sh startall
[Error 4]: Database Listener is down
[Solution]: To resolve this error start the database listener.
[Error 5]: Database Archive Location is full
[Solution]: For this, you can do two things, you can temporarily move the archive files to another location or you can delete older archive files.
[Error 6]: Java Cache issues between the multiple middle-tiers
This issue occurs only if you have more than one mid-tier and you had enabled Distributed Java Caching.
Error Message in the log file:
Exception in static block of jtf.cache.CacheManager. Stack trace is: oracle.apps.jtf.base.resources.FrameworkException:
IAS Cache initialization failed.
The Distributed Caching System failed to initialize on port: 12357.
The list of hosts in the distributed caching system is: [node 1] [node 2].
The port [port no] should be free on each host running the JVMs.
In this scenario, s_java_object_cache_port value was listening on node 2 but not on node 1. So whichever connection went to node 1 it returned a blank page and occasionally it displayed 500 Internal Server error.
- Bring down opmn services on both the boxes.
- Verify no process is listening for s_java_object_cache_port value. command: lsof -i tcp:[port number]
- Change s_java_object_cache_port on all the nodes in the context file
- Run autoconfig
s_java_object_cache_port value is referrenced in two places
2) Profile option name JTF_DIST_CACHE_PORT
Change the port value to a new number and bounce opmnctl services. Don’t forget to change it in $CONTEXT_FILE. (To take effect during next autoconfig)
[Error 7]: Instance is very slow/inaccessible with a warning on the login page:
Warning Message: Low-level logging is currently enabled. Your application will not perform as well while Low-level logging is on.
[Solution]: Change the following values to:
FND: Debug Log Enabled — No
FND: Debug Log Level — ( Blank )
FND: Debug Log Module — ( Blank )
SLA: Enable Diagnostics — No
FND Validation Level — None
This post is from our Oracle Apps DBA (R12.2) Training, in which we cover Architecture & Changes in Oracle E-Business Suite R12.2, Staging & Installation, File System & Important Files in R12.2, Start/Stop, Patching, AD Administration, Cloning, Concurrent Managers, AutoConfig, Password Management, and Troubleshooting and much more.
- Recommended Browsers for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 [Doc ID 389422.1]
- Troubleshoot/Debug Long Running Concurrent Request in Oracle EBS (R12/11i)
- [Troubleshooting] Forms Issue: FRM-92050 failed to connect to server:forms/servlet
- [Solved] Oracle EBS (R12) Installation Issue: Could not find the main class: oracle.apps.ad.rapidwiz.RIWizard
- Oracle Apps DBA (R12.2) Training
- Oracle AppsDBA (R12): Step by step Activity Guides
- Oracle AppsDBA (R12.2): Install | Patch | Clone | Maintain