This blog-post will cover everything you need to know about the [AZ-301] Microsoft Azure Architect Design certification exam.
You must be having many questions like, why is this certification important? What domains does it cover? What are the eligibility criteria? How to prepare for it? And whatnot.
Update: Microsoft has recently released a new version of this exam (AZ-304) in Beta mode which you can know more about here.
AZ 301 | Microsoft Azure Architect Design
The AZ-301 Microsoft Azure Exam is geared towards those who advise stakeholders and translate business requirements into secure, scalable, and reliable solutions.
Why Learn Azure?
- Validates technical skills like storage, networking, compute, security, and other Cloud operations on Microsoft Azure.
- Top-paying info-tech certification in the world.
- It provides you with global recognition for your knowledge, skills, and experience.
- The organization looks for those who know Oracle Cloud, AWS, Azure, etc.
Azure Certification Benefits
- As a result of the increase in demand for Azure, the need for Azure Architects is rapidly increasing along the lines. Hence, one CV with this gleaming certification will have an enormous advantage.
- In terms of job prospects and earning, a certification leads to a rampant increment in both.
- Almost 70% of people agree that certification has improved their earning and 84% of people have seen better job prospects after getting certified.
- Updating your LinkedIn profile with this certificate will boost your job profile and increase your chances of getting chosen.
AZ 301 | Exam Details
- Certification Name: [AZ-301] Microsoft Azure Architect Design
- Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for taking this course. Microsoft recommends candidates to have a minimum of six months of hands-on experience administering Azure.
- Exam Cost: USD 165.00
AZ-301 Exam Topics
Candidates should have advanced experience and knowledge across various aspects of IT operations, including networking, virtualization, identity, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, data management, budgeting, and governance. This role requires managing how decisions in each area affect an overall solution. Candidates must be proficient in Azure administration, Azure development, and DevOps, and have expert-level skills in at least one of those domains.
The important domains covered in the [AZ-301] Microsoft Azure Architect Design certification exam are:
- Determine workload requirements (10-15%)
- Design for identity and security (20-25%)
- Design a data platform solution (15-20%)
- Design a business continuity strategy (15-20%)
- Design for deployment, migration, and integration (10-15%)
- Design an infrastructure strategy (15-20%)
Azure Exam Retake Policy
- If a candidate fails the exam in his/her’s first attempt, they have to wait for a period of 24 hours before reapplying for the exam.
- In case the candidate’s second attempt also fails they should re-access their training and retake the exam after a waiting period of 14 days.
- finally, a candidate has a maximum of 5 retakes allowed in a year.
Who This Exam Is For?
Anyone looking to gain the Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert Certification needs to complete this [AZ-301] Microsoft Azure Architect Design exam and the [AZ-300] Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies exam.
AZ-304 (Beta) Update
A new version of this exam (AZ-304) has been made available in beta mode on June 29, 2020. However, you can still attempt the AZ-301 exam until it expires on September 30, 2020.
The updated domains covered in the AZ-304 exam are:
- Design monitoring (10-15%)
- Design identity and security (25-30%)
- Design data storage (15-20%)
- Design business continuity (10-15%)
- Design infrastructure (25-30%)
You can find a further breakdown of these domains here.
Next Task For You
Interested in other Microsoft Azure Certifications as well? Check out this blog post to know all about the [AZ-104] Microsoft Azure Certification Exam. Also, check out this blog to know everything about the [AZ-900] Azure Fundamentals Certification Exam.
Click on the register now button below to register for a Free Masterclass of our much-awaited AZ-300 Certification Training which will help you clear the exam with flying colors.