In January 2020, Microsoft announced the AZ-104 certification which is the new version of AZ-103. This blog post will be discussing the differences between the [AZ-104] vs [Az-103]Azure Administrator Certification Exam.
If you have not gone through my previous blog on [AZ-104] Microsoft Azure Administration Certification exam you can click here to read everything you need to know about it.
For people who have already started preparing for AZ-103, the good news is that they will still be able to take this 103 exam for ~90 days after the release of AZ-104. So, they should be able to give the exam until June 30, 2020.
Also, you may ask if my current certificate would be valid if I already cleared the exam? Yes, if you have already cleared the exam then your certificate will be valid for 2 years.
Changes Introduced In The AZ-104 Microsoft Azure Certification Exam:
- There is a change in the Percentage weightage of sections in AZ-104.
- Two sections (“subscriptions” and “identity”) are merged into one (“identity”) section. There will be less emphasis on this.
- The overall weightage of (“storage”) section has been reduced in favor of the (“Azure Compute Resources”) section.
- The (“Azure Compute Resources”) section now includes two additional topics other than the virtual machine management namely Kubernetes and Web Apps.
- Finally, the last section of the exam is now dedicated more towards Monitoring and Backup services.
Detailed Look At Topics Changes
Below is a further break down of topics that have been added to the exam (Right) and topics which are being removed (Left)
Previously, everything was based on IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) but now with time, things are moving to PaaS (Platform as a Service). Due to this shift, there has been an increased demand in the use of services like Kubernetes (a microservices deployment and management system) and Web Apps in the cloud ecosystem.
Additionally, Azure Hybrid Active Directory systems are being removed from the exam and also being phased out of use because of the increased robustness of Azure AD on the cloud.
So these were the changes that were introduced in the new AZ-104 Azure Administrator certification Exam. If there are any more changes in the Exam, we will notify you through our blogs. Meanwhile, you can also click here to read my blog post on everything you need to know about the AZ-104 Microsoft Azure Administrator Certification exam.
- [AZ-103] Microsoft Azure Administrator Certification Exam: Everything You Need To Know
- [AZ-104] Microsoft Azure Administrator Certification Exam: Everything You Need To Know
- Azure Cloud Administrator [AZ-104] Certification Q/A (Free Masterclass)
- Official Microsoft Azure Administration certification exam details can be found here for both AZ-103 and AZ-104.
Next Task For You
Begin your journey towards becoming a Microsoft [AZ-104] Certified Azure Administrator by joining our FREE Masterclass. We strongly recommend gaining knowledge from both AZ-103 and AZ-104 in order to be an effective Azure Administrator. Our course covers both AZ-103 and AZ-104 certification.
Join our FREE Telegram group and be the first to receive Microsoft Azure related news and updates.