Learning is incomplete without practice.
This blog post discusses the Step-By-Step Hands-On Activity Guides you must perform to learn Oracle Exadata Cloud Service Administration (ExaCS). These will help you learn and implement ExaCS in a better way. You can use the mentioned steps for supporting customers who are working or want to work on Exadata Cloud Service (ExaCS).
In our 8 weeks Oracle Exadata Cloud Service Administration (ExaCS) Training Program, we cover below the below Modules & Step-By-Step Hands-On Activity Guides:
Here’s a quick sneak peek of how to start learning for becoming an Oracle Exadata Cloud Service Specialist:
1. Activity Guide I: Register for an Oracle Free Trial Account
The first thing you must do is to get a Trial Account for Oracle Cloud (you get 300 USD FREE Credit from Oracle to practice). In this Activity Guide, we learn how to register for an Oracle FREE Trial Account.
Note: Get this first Step-by-Step Activity Guide absolutely FREE from Here.
Once you register for an Oracle Cloud Trial, you will receive a Welcome Email from Oracle.
2. Activity Guide II: Create Compartment, VCN Subnet, Service Gateway, Internet Gateway (IGW), Security List for Exadata
In this activity guide, we are going to create the pre-requisite components before provisioning Exadata Instance on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure which includes the creation of:
- Virtual Cloud Network (VCN)
- Subnet (Public/Private)
- Security rules
- Service gateway
- Internet Gateway, etc.
3. Activity Guide III: Provisioning & Exadata DB System in OCI
In this activity guide, we will learn to provision Exadata DB System and access it via its public IP using PUTTY.
4. Activity Guide IV: Managing (Start/Stop, Scale-Up) Add Database
In this activity guide, we will look into several Life Cycle Management Of Exadata DB System tasks such as how to start, stop, terminate, scale, manage licenses for, and check the status of an Exadata DB System.
5. Activity Guide V: Patching (Compute, Grid, DB System. Database) in ExaCS
This activity guide explains how to perform patching operations to ExaCS system including databases, grid and OS patching options using the console & CLI method (dbaascli).
6. Activity Guide VI: Backup & Restore Database
This Activity Guide covers how to back up the Exadata DB System using the cloud console & API (bkup_api) to Oracle Cloud object storage. Also, it discusses recovering an Exadata Database from a backup stored in Object Storage by using the Console or the API & also via RMAN.
7. Activity Guide VII: Command Line Utilities (dbaascli, OCI CLI )
This Activity Guide covers the steps to manage Exadata DB System using the Exadata Rest API & Oracle Cloud Infrastructure CLI such as dbaascli, OCI CLI, exacli dbaasapi & bkup_api.
8. Activity Guide VIII: Migration (Lift & Shift) from On-premises to ExaCS
This Activity Guide covers migrating on-premise database to Exadata DB System using various different approaches based on different tools and technologies & downtime required.
What Benefits You’ll Get:
- Live Instructor-led Online Interactive Sessions
- FREE Unlimited Retakes for the next 1 Year
- FREE On-Job Support for the next 1 Year
- Latest Updated Training Material (Presentation + Videos) with Hands-on Lab Exercises mentioned
- Recording of Live Interactive Session for Lifetime Access
- 100% Money Back Guarantee (If you attend sessions, practice and don’t get results, We’ll REFUND you, check our Refund Policy)
If you are just a beginner to Exadata Cloud Service (ExaCS), then check our below posts to start your journey:
- Overview of Oracle Exadata Cloud Service
- Oracle Exadata Cloud Service Architecture
- Oracle Exadata Deployment Options
- Oracle Exadata Cloud Service Offerings
- Oracle Exadata X8 Latest Machine
Next Task For You:
You can start learning Oracle Cloud for DBA by registering for our FREE Masterclass. By Clicking the image below.