This post covers an issue faced by a lot of our trainees while Installing YUM on the Compute Instance.
In this blog, We discuss the symptoms, the root cause (Connection Timed Out) and the fix of this prevalent issue.
If you are just starting out in Cloud then I highly recommend you to go through these first
- Cloud Service Models (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
- OCI: Region, AD, FD, Tenancy, Compartment, VCN, IAM, Storage Service
While Installing YUM on the Compute Instance, getting the error Connection Timed Out
- We are going to install an Apache HTTP Web server and try to connect to it over the public internet.
Apache HTTP Server is an open-source web server developed by the Apache Software Foundation. The Apache server hosts web content and responds to requests for this content from web browsers such as Chrome or Firefox.
This error comes up when your Instance does not have Internet Connectivity. that means it is not allowing the outside traffic.
- Try pinging google.com on your Instance. If it is showing below output then your instance has an active Internet Connection.
If you are not Getting the Above Output then, follow the below steps:
To open the internet connectivity & allow traffic outside the VCN
- Create an egrees Rule with the CIDR 0.0.0.0/0 to allow traffic outside the VCN
- Set up one rule to route that traffic to a gateway on the VCN (for example, a DRG connected to your on-premises network or an internet gateway connected to the internet)
Note: Your VCN uses virtual route tables to send traffic out of the VCN (for example, to the internet, to your on-premises network, or to a peered VCN). These virtual route tables have rules that look and act like traditional network route rules you might already be familiar with. Each rule specifies a destination CIDR block and the target (the next hop) for any traffic that matches that CIDR
Hope this post helps you.
Stay tuned for the more informative blogs!
- [Video] Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) | Compute CPU & Memory
- [Video] Create Compute (Linux/Windows Machine) On Oracle Cloud (OCI)
- [Video 3 of 5] Oracle Cloud: Create VCN, Subnet, Firewall (Security List), IGW, DRG: Step By Step
- [Video] Create Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse 18c on OCI
- [Video] How To Create Database on Oracle’s Gen2 Cloud (OCI)
- [Video 4 of 5] What Is Load Balancer In Oracle Cloud (OCI) & How To Create: Step By Step
If you want to take your career to next level by becoming Oracle Certified Cloud Architect even if you are a beginner then I would like to invite you to Join my FREE Masterclass on How To Become Oracle Certified Cloud Architect [1Z0-932] in 8 Weeks.
Click on the image below to register for FREE