This post covers Step by Step Hands-On Guides from our DBA to Cloud DBA Training that you must perform in order to become expert from DBA to Cloud DBA. You can use these exact steps to bring you and your team of DBAs up-to-speed quickly for supporting Customers Moving to Cloud.
Here’s the Quick Sneak Peek of What You should do and know as Cloud Apps DBA:
1. Lab Activity Guide I: Create Cloud Account, Generate SSH Keys & DB System Console Console walkthrough
The first thing you must do is to get a Trial Account for Oracle Cloud (You get 300 USD FREE Credit from Oracle to practice, that must be used within 30 Days).
You should know how to Register for the Oracle Cloud, Get FREE 300 USD Credit to Practice, generate SSH Keys to connect to Linux Servers on Cloud and Shop Compute (IaaS) for Application Tier & DBCS (PaaS) for Database Tier.
Once you register for Oracle Cloud Trial, you should get an Email Like below from Oracle:
Note: Get this first step by step activity guide absolutely FREE from here
2. Lab Activity Guide II: Create DB In OCI
With the Second Activity Guide, You will be creating your first Oracle Database on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure using default Virtual Cloud Network, Connecting to Database Server Using Putty & Stopping Cloud Database to Avoid Being Charged (When starting, there are few tricks & tweaks that might not look that big, but these are things that you would want to know when learning Oracle Cloud ).
3. Lab Activity Guide III: Configure VCN, Security List, IAM Policies & Connecting To DB System
In this activity, we will be configuring Network which is also known as Virtual Cloud Network, the very first thing you configure before deploying your database on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. Once VCN is configured we will be defining Security list List through which we will be specifying what type of traffics flow within the VCN and much more.
To know more about VCN, Security List, IAM Policies check here
4. Lab Activity Guide IV: Managing DB System (Start, Stop Scale Up/DOwn) & DBCLI
Then we learn how to Manage Database on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) which includes Start / Stop Database, Scale Up & Scale Down database and will also see how will you manage the database from DBCLI a command line utility.
5. Lab Activity Guide V: Patching DB System Using Console & CLI
In this activity guide, you will be performing one of the common tasks for DBA’s which is patching from Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Console and from command line interface both.
6. Lab Activity Guide VI: Backup & Restore DB System
We then move to how you can Backup & Restore Database that is On Cloud to Cloud Object Storage, Creating an On-Demand Backup of Database, and Restoring from the Backup.
7. Lab Activity Guide VII: Configuring EM Express
By Default for Security reasons ports are disabled when you create your database in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, in this activity guide we will be opening port for EM express, configuring and accessing EM Express in DB System in OCI.
8. Lab Activity Guide VIII: Migrate (Lift & Shift) On-Prim Database to CLoud (OCI)
We now move to, How we can Lift Shift On-Premise To Cloud Migration (OCI)Using DataPump Export/Import, A variety of methods exist for migrating data from on-premises databases to databases in the DB System in OCI.
These include Data Pump export and import, exporting to external tables, remote cloning, and unplugging and plugging databases. Some of these methods support migrating on-premises 11g to cloud 11g, some support migrating on-premises 12c to cloud 12c, and some methods support migrating and upgrading on-premises 11gR2 to cloud12c.
You can get above Step by Step hands-on guide to learn Oracle Identity Cloud Service (IDCS) when you register for DBA To Cloud DBA Training.
What Benefits You’ll Get:
- Live Instructor-led Online Interactive Sessions
- FREE unlimited retake for next 1 Years
- FREE On-Job Support for next 1 Years
- Latest Updated Training Material (Presentation + Videos) with Hands-on Lab Exercises mentioned
- Recording of Live Interactive Session for Lifetime Access
- 100% Money Back Guarantee (If you attend sessions, practice and don’t get results, We’ll do full REFUND, check our Refund Policy)
- Download our Step By Step Guide to Create Oracle Cloud Account and Create Your first Oracle Database on Cloud. If you need any help then post comments below