In this post, we are going to look at Error Hospital in SOA 12C which is one of the new feature introduced in SOA 12C. This tells us that how to recover from faults in the error hospital and fault recovery.
Error Hospital in SOA 12C:
We are having two sections under error hospital but we will be seeing about Managing Faults in the Error Hospital for now.
- Managing Faults in the Error Hospital
- Creating Error Notification Rules
Managing Faults in the Error Hospital:
This describes that how to recover from faults in the error hospital, including specifying and saving fault search criteria, viewing aggregated fault statistics, performing bulk fault recoveries and bulk fault terminations in a single operation, accessing recoverable faults to perform a single fault recovery.
- You can manage all faults occurring within Oracle SOA Suite and view aggregated statistics associated with faults data on the Error Hospital page.
- Bulk recovery/abort operations can be scheduled from error hospital.
- Robust filter and search panel available for retrieving faults similar to instance tracking.
- Bulk recovery of faulted transactions from a specific service provider (HTTP Host).
- Monitor the recovery.
How to Access Error Hospital in SOA 12C:
- Log into EM Console (http://hostname:port number/em/)
- Go to SOA Infra dashboard
- Click on Error Hospital tab
We can perform the following Fault Management Tasks:
- Specifying and saving fault search criteria.
- Viewing aggregated fault statistics to examine fault trends.
- Perform bulk fault recoveries and terminations in a single operation.
- Accessing faults in the fault statistics table to perform single fault recovery operation.
Advantages of Error Hospital in SOA 12c:
- A Single location for managing and recovering from all aggregated faults occurring within Oracle SOA Suite (including rejected message recovery and BPEL message recovery). Regardless of the service engine or binding component in which the fault occurred. You manage faults from the Error Hospital page at the following levels.
- At the SOA Infrastructure level, where all system-wide faults data is aggregated for each business flow instance.
- At the individual partition level, where only faults data for the business flow instances associated with that specific partition is aggregated.
- Bulk fault recovery and termination capabilities.
So, this is about the Managing Faults in the Error Hospital and all about the Error Hospital in SOA 12C (which is a new feature introduced in SOA 12C)
We cover this in one of the modules of our Oracle SOA Dev where we also cover Develop SOA Composite, Orchestration, Managing and Monitoring Composite Applications, Fault Handling, DVM & MDS, JCA Adapters, Mediator, Business Rule Component and much more interesting and latest features in SOA 12C.
Did You Find this Blog useful?
Leave a Comment.
Some Interesting Topics in SOA Dev:
- [Video] Oracle SOA Suite Development: Meta Data Service (MDS) Click here
- [Video] Oracle SOA Suite Development: Domain Value Map (DVM) Click here
Join 3500+ Oracle Professionals like you to discuss Oracle Weblogic Server, Ask Questions or Help Others in Private Facebook Group for Oracle SOA Dev
Are you planning to Learn Oracle SOA Dev 12C or would like to check some of the common Oracle SOA Dev Interview Questions then Click here (sent over email)