In this post, we will look into Enterprise Manager Partition in Oracle SOA Suite 12c/11g. Partition is a mechanism of segregating your composites based on the types of functionalities it performs. It also helps you to deploy two or more composites with the same name and same revision id on the same server.
It comes very handily when we need to manage a large number of composites by categorizing composites on the kind of task it performs and we can have one partition for each category.
Below are the steps to create partition would help you to understand things better:
- Make sure your Enterprise Manager Fusion Middleware Control console is up and running.
- URL for em console-like http://[hostname]:/[port no of admin server]:/em as in our case we are taking http://1705soa30.k21technologies.com:7001/em
Give the credentials which you have configured while creating the Domain.
- Expand Farm_SOA_Domain and SOA and Search for the “SOA_Infra (SOA_Server) node.
- On the Righthand side select the “SOA-infrastructure” related menu and select the menu “Manage Partitions”
- Under Manage Partition Click On “Create New Partition”
- Give the partition name as per your requirement as “k21SoaPartition”. Click On Create.
- Find all the existing partitions in SOA infra. By default, we have “default partition” which is an inbuilt domain. Our k21SoaPartition got created Successfully.
If you are interested to learn in detail about SOA Development get registered for our Course, Oracle SOA Suite Development Training with Atul Kumar (Oracle ACE & Author) and Sumit K. (SOA Expert) in which we have covered Dynamic Partner Link, Cross-Referencing, Domain Value Map, Fault Policy Framework, Correlation, Meta Data Service ( MDS ), XQuery Mapper, Adapter and much more.
Did you find this blog about “ Enterprise Manager Partition in SOA Suite 11g/12c Useful?
Next Task for you:
Register for our FREE MASTERCLASS on “Be An Expert With Oracle SOS Suit Development” as it will help you clear your doubts and concepts about SOA Suite before you start your journey.