We have been getting many requests from our trainee to help them decide what would be best for there career growth, Oracle Integration Cloud Service (OIC) or SOA Cloud Service (SOA CS). How it will enhance their skill-set by learning new technology.
In this blog post, I am going to show you what is the difference between OIC & SOA CS and what features and functionality they offer and how to choose between them.
If you are new to Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC), then check out our blogs below as these contain all the key points that a beginner should know about Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC), creating Oracle Integration Instance and Consoles walkthrough.
- Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) For Beginners Overview
- Create Oracle Integration Cloud Instance: Step-by-Step
- Console Walkthrough of Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) Service
- Create Your First VBCS Instance in Oracle Cloud
OIC is mainly used for integrating SaaS applications(Cloud and On-Premise). It has a rich variety of connectors that they offer (currently 50) that includes connections to other cloud products like RightNow, Eloqua, SalesCloud and various social media like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and a lot more. It’s more pattern-driven with web-based UI.
Whereas SOA cloud Service is basically SOA Suite in the cloud and intended for hardcore developers who are used to working with SOA Suite and want to continue leveraging its multiple capabilities like MDS and the ability to achieve very complex integrations.
Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) Overview
Oracle Integration enables various applications, systems, repository, and IT environments to connect with one another. With a real-time exchange of data and processes, the data and integrated cloud services can be accessed on multiple devices in a network or through the internet.
It eliminates barriers between business applications through a mixture of machine learning, prebuilt integration, and process automation.
Note: If you are new to Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC), then check out our blogs on Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) For Beginners Overview.
Oracle Integration is exclusive within the market by leveraging Oracle application expertise to create an extensive library of adapters to Oracle and 3rd party SaaS and On-Premises applications by utilizing the prebuilt adapters like RightNow, Eloqua, SalesCloud and various social media like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and a lot more to enable you to deliver faster business.
SOA Cloud Service Overview
SOA Cloud Service provides you integration platform as a service. The environment is built automatically and instantly in a few clicks, allowing more time to develop/deploy SOA Composite applications and Service Bus projects.
It also provides real-time analytics while you transition to Digital Business.
Oracle SOA Suite is used to build, deploy and manage integration following the concepts of service-oriented architecture (SOA).
SOA Suite includes the following core components:
- BPEL — (Business Process Execution Language) Orchestrates integration processes.
- Human Workflow — Creates interactions that require human input, like approvals or manual routing decisions.
- Business Rules — Defines flexible business rules to direct actions in an integration process, such as approval routing decisions.
- Mediator — Mediates messages and provides routing and the capability to transform simple message flows.
With competing technologies both have value, the challenge is to know how to choose between Oracle Integration cloud service and SOA Cloud Service (SOA CS).
When To Choose OIC?
- The OIC is more suitable to implement the integration when you want to do the integration with services and APIs already in the cloud with the On-Premises system.
- If the Pre-existing integration is simple, data can be extracted from On-Premises service, legacy API and applications and can be utilized on OIC.
- If you have an existing SOA architecture On-Premises and working efficiently and the requirement is to only connect the already existing services with the cloud systems then OIC would be perfect for it.
- Using connectivity agents, the integration can be created with the already existing services.
- It is quicker and easier to develop atomic and simple integrations in OIC.
- It requires fewer investments as the license is cheaper then SOA CS.
When To Choose SOA CS?
- When large amounts of messages or the size of files are to be sent, then the SOA CS is the best option.
- If SOA CS the Integration can be shifted from Cloud to On-Premises effortlessly.
- If the logic of orchestrated transaction and service is complex then SOA CS would be preferred with all BPEL features.
- If the integration or requirement involves B2B, API Management or streaming monitoring then it will be necessary to apply SOA CS.
- In case of pure On-Premise integration, Go with SOA CS.
In this post, we have covered a differentiating overview between Oracle Integration Cloud Service (OIC) and SOA Cloud Service (SOA CS).
In my opinion, the main differentiating factor of OIC from other integration cloud products is the rich variety of connectors that they offer (currently 50) that includes connections to other cloud products like RightNow, Eloqua, SalesCloud and various social media like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and a lot more.
If you find this post interesting and have further questions about the topic then comment below.
- Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) For Beginners Overview
- [Free Masterclass] Oracle Integration Cloud Services
- 6 Docs Every Oracle Cloud Integrator Must Read
- Oracle SOA Cloud Service
- Oracle Cloud Documentation Links: OIC | SOA-CS | OCI
Next Task for you:
Begin your journey towards becoming an Oracle [1Z0-1042] Certified Cloud Integration Expert & earn a lot more in 2020 by attending our FREE Masterclass.