We have been getting a lot of queries from our Oracle Integration Cloud OIC trainees on Use case how to create an integration so that opportunity can be converted into a quote and then into order.
In this blog, I am going to show step by step process on how to use Oracle Integration cloud OIC to integrate Oracle Sales Cloud, Oracle CPQ (Configure, Price, Quote), and Oracle E-Business Suite so that data is synchronized in real-time.
If you are starting to learn Oracle Integration Cloud OIC we have a perfect training for you where you will learn to Provisioning OIC | Connectors/Adapters | REST & SOAP APIs | Customer Case Study | Security | Monitoring Integration.
1. Opportunity Comes through Oracle Engagement Cloud and sent to Oracle CPQ Cloud.
2. Opportunity is received and converted into a quote through Oracle CPQ Cloud and sent to Oracle E-Business Suite.
3. Then the quote is converted into Order in Oracle E-Business Suite.
4. When the integration is completed the data should be synchronized in real-time between Oracle Engagement cloud (Sales Cloud), Oracle CPQ (Configure, Price, Quote), and Oracle E-Business Suite.
It is necessary that the systems to utilize one set of data and automatically transfer data between systems, this requires the systems to be integrated so that data could flow between them in a bidirectional manner.
For this scenario, we are choosing Oracle Integration cloud OIC as it offers bidirectional data synchronization. Oracle Integration will be used for bidirectional data synchronization between Oracle Engagement cloud (Sales Cloud), Oracle CPQ Cloud, and Oracle E-Business Suite.
What Is Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC)?
Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) is a cloud-based integration application designed to perform integrations between SaaS to SaaS SaaS to On-Premise and vice versa.
To learn more check our beginner blog Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) For Beginners Overview
Why Choose OIC?
- Oracle Integration cloud OIC also offers pre-built adapters and integration this reduces the effort and time required to creating the integration.
- OIC allows for the integration to be created without any code, XML Schema, XSLT, or any other artifact.
- OIC allows for real-time monitoring of all the Integrations with key performance matrix.
- Provide error management and troubleshoot error messages from one place.
What Is Oracle Configure, Price, and Quote (CPQ)?
Oracle’s Configure, Price, and Quote (CPQ) provides a cloud-based system that offers extreme ease of use and configurability. It automates the sales order process and allows sales personnel to configure and price complex products and promotions.
Oracle CPQ Cloud platform helps businesses to accurately configure and quote their services and products and effectively engage with customers. It helped the company reduce average quote processing time from 5 to 7 days to less than one hour additionally increasing the revenue and business.
What Is Oracle Engagement Cloud?
Engagement Cloud (formerly known as Oracle Sales Cloud) combines sales and service capabilities in one solution with a unique combination of sales automation, service request management, knowledge management, and digital customer service.
Also check: Oracle OIC Services 1Z0-1042 Training: Step By Step Activity Guides/Hands-On Lab Exercise
What Is Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS)?
Oracle EBS, it is an integrated set of business applications that users can implement into their own businesses.
It includes Oracle CRM, Oracle Financials, Oracle Human Resource Management System (HRMS), Oracle Logistics, Oracle Supply Chain Applications, Oracle Order Management, Oracle Transportation Management, and Oracle Warehouse Management System. Learn more about Oracle EBS
Achieving The Use Case With OIC
Step 1: Create an Integration to Get Opportunity Details from Engagement Cloud to the CPQ Cloud.
- For the integration, we will choose the prebuilt integration Oracle Sales Cloud to Oracle CPQ Cloud Integration | OIC Recipe so that the Opportunity details can flow between Oracle Engagement cloud to the CPQ cloud.
- Complete the connections for Oracle CPQ and Sales Cloud. by providing appropriate connection details.
- Prebuilt integration Oracle Sales Cloud to Oracle CPQ Cloud Integration provides 4 integrations.
- In the Opportunity Import Integration, Connection to CPQ and sales cloud is set as the source and target connection.
- Now Check the mapping, provide the business identifier in the tracking field and Save the Integration.
- Activate Opportunity Import and Quote Upsert Integration.
Step 2: Creating a New Integration to Enable the Creation of Sales Order in Oracle EBS.
- Create integration between Oracle CPQ and Oracle EBS for converting quotes to the sales order.
- Select CPQ cloud connection at source and provide Name, service definition method details, and service details.
- Select EBS connection at target and provide Name, Product Family Package, and Procedure.
- Create Data mapping between these two endpoints.
- You can also use the Recommended mapping engine to automatically map the required source and target fields.
- Provide the business identifier in the tracking field and Save the Integration.
- Activate the Integration.
- Now messages can flow between Oracle CPQ to create a sales order when an opportunity is closed.
Congratulations you have successfully create integration and now the data is synchronized between Oracle Sales Cloud, Oracle CPQ (Configure, Price, Quote), and Oracle E-Business Suite in real-time.
Note: If you want to enhance your knowledge and become a certified Oracle Cloud Platform Application Integration 2019 Associate then check on the blog on certification exam [1Z0-1042].
- Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) For Beginners Overview
- [Free Masterclass] Oracle Integration Cloud Services
- 6 Docs Every Oracle Cloud Integrator Must Read
- Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) Instance Edition, Message Pricing, and License Types
- Oracle Cloud Documentation Links: OIC | SOA-CS | OCI
- To Download Client Credentials (Wallets), click here.
Next Task For you
Begin your journey towards becoming an Oracle [1Z0-1042] Certified Cloud Integration Expert by joining our FREE Masterclass.
Click on the below image to Register for the FREE MASTERCLASS Now!