Join Me and 1000s of other Oracle Professionals @ Oracle OpenWorld
#oow19 from 16th–19th September 2019 in San Francisco, California (USA). You can get answers to the most important questions about the event and make the most of your precious time, here in this post.
What is Oracle Open World? #OOW19
You probably already know about Oracle OpenWorld #OOW19 but for those who are new to Oracle, like I once was 10 years ago, OOW is an annual Oracle convention for business decision-makers, IT management, and line-of-business end-users. It’s the world’s largest conference for Oracle customers and technologists, with 2,000+ unique sessions, 250+ exhibitors, and speakers from more than 90 countries. Oracle Open World can feel a bit overwhelming at times.
OOW’19 is packed with information, experiences, and world-class entertainment— including eight-time Grammy Award winner, John Mayer, at the new Chase Center and lots of fun activities at Oracle Park.
This year Oracle OpenWorld is happening from 16th to 19th September 2019 in San Francisco, California. And I whole-heartedly thank Jennifer Nicholson for the invitation to OOW’19.
The List Sessions I Plan to Attend
Here is a list of sessions that I find intriguing and plan on attending and also suggest you to.
Sunday, 15th September’19
- 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM: Oracle EMEA and APAC Partner Welcome & Networking Reception: @Terra Gallery 511 Harrison Street, SFO, CA 94105
- 7:00 – 10:00 PM: Oracle ACE* Dinner: @Chart House, Pier 39, San Francisco, CA 94133.
*Oracle ACE: Oracle ACE are the established professionals who are well known in the Oracle community
Monday, 16th September’19
- 8:00 AM PST: SIG (Special Interest Group For EBS on OCI): @Stanford Room, The Park Central, San Francisco.
The purpose of this SIG is to provide an understanding of how EBS can be deployed in the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), and enable the OATUG members to combine the traditional benefits of EBS with the agility, availability, and cost-effectiveness of OCI from an IaaS and PaaS perspective.
- 10:00 – 10:45 AM: Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Do’s and Don’ts [CON5226]: by Brian Spendolini, Sravan Sunkaranam: @Room 156A, Moscone South
- 10:00 – 10:45 AM: EBS Roadmap with Cliff Godwin: @Room 2006/2008, Moscone West
- 2:00 – 3:30 PM: Partner Executive Summit: @Yerba Buena Center of Arts
- 2:45 – 3:30 PM: EBS Technology Strategy and Updates: by Lisa Parekh, Vice President, Oracle: @Room 2022C, Moscone West
- 3:00 – 3:30 PM: Deploying EBS Cloud Manager Using Docker and Exadata Cloud at Customer: by Vasu Rao: @Level 3, Stars bar theatre, Moscone West
Note: Watch me live at Oracle Groundbreakers Live Stage at 3:45 PM with Bob Rhubart.
Note: Don’t forget to meet the Cloud Customer Connect Team at Oracle OpenWorld! Stop by the Cloud Customer Connect booth at Moscone West, 2nd Floor, Booth #CSS-002 where we will provide demonstrations, answer questions and guide you through the sign-up process.
Tuesday, 17th September’19
- 12:30 – 1:15 PM; Oracle Active Data Guard: Best Practices and New Features Deep Dive; by Nitin Karkanis, Mahesh Girkar & Pieter Van Puymbroeck, Oracle: @Room 215/216, Moscone South
- 1:45 – 2:30 PM; Deploying EBS On-Premises and in Oracle Cloud; by Santiago Bastidas & Srikrishna Bandi(Oracle), @Room 2024B, Moscone West
- 3:15 – 4:00 PM; Exadata: Strategy and Roadmap for New Technologies, Cloud, and On-Premise [PRO4859]; by Juan Loaiza(Oracle): @Room 215/216, Moscone South
- 3:15 – 4:00 PM; Strategies for Maintenance and Online Patching for EBS 12.2; by Kevin Hudson & Elke Phelps(Oracle), @Moscone West – Room 2024B;
- 4:30 – 4:50 PM; OEM on OCI; by Venkat Boddeti(Oracle), @Exchange Theatre 1
- 5:15 – 6:00 PM; Oracle Automatic Storage Management Best Practices; by Jim Williams, Hanlin Chien (Oracle), @ Moscone South – Room 215/216
- 5:15 – 6:00 PM; New WebLogic Cloud Options; by Maciej Gruszka(Oracle), @Moscone South – Room 209
Wednesday, 18th September’19
- 9:00 – 9:45 AM; Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Service: Technical Deep Dive [TRN4861]; by Brian Spendolini(Oracle), Edwin Flores(Alliance Data); @Moscone South – Room 215/216
- 10:00 – 10:45 AM; Oracle Exadata Cloud at Customer: Technical Deep Dive and What’s Next [TRN4862]; by Manish Shah, Binoy Sukumaran(Oracle): @Moscone South – Room 215/216
- 11:15 AM – 12:00 PM; Oracle EBS Automation and Support in Oracle Cloud; by Julio Maureira(Oracle): @Moscone West – Room 3014
- 12:30 – 1:15 PM; Exadata: Maximum Availability Best Practices and Recommendations; by Michael Nowak(Oracle): @Moscone South – Room 215/216
- 1:00 – 1:30 PM; Oracle EBS Automation and Support in Oracle Cloud; by Julio Maureira, Oracle, @Moscone West – Level 3 Stars bar theatre
- 3:45 – 4:30 PM; Move to Oracle Cloud: Best Practices; by Sanjay Singh, Roy Swonger, Ricardo Gonzalez(Oracle), @Moscone South – Room 211
- 4:45 – 5:30 PM; Oracle Maximum Availability Architecture: Best Practices for Oracle Cloud; by Brian Spendolini, Glen Hawkins, Pradeep Chowdhury(Oracle), @Moscone South – Room 215/216
Thursday, 19th September’19
- 9:00 AM – 9:45 AM; Best Practices for Oracle Exadata Cloud Deployments [PRO4864]; Jeff, Lawrence(Oracle), @Moscone South – Room 215/216
- 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM; Oracle EBS CM: Deployment, Configuration, and Beyond; Santiago Bastidas & Terri Noyes, Oracle (HOL), @Moscone West – Room 3022B
- 10:00 AM – 10:45 AM; Thriving with PeopleSoft on Oracle Cloud: Using Cloud Manager [PRO5330]; @Moscone West – Room 2024A
- 10:00 AM – 10:45 AM; Oracle Exadata Cloud at Customer: Data Security 101 [PRO4867]; by Jeffrey Wright(Oracle), @Moscone South – Room 213
- 1:15 AM- 12:00 PM; Backups on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure: Create, Manage, and Troubleshoot; by Balaji Salem Balasundaram(Oracle), @Moscone West – Room 3003
- 12:15 – 1:00 PM; Exadata Cloud at Customer on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure: Features and Scalability; by Alpesh Kothari(Oracle), @Moscone West – Room 3003
- 1:15 – 2:00 PM; Oracle EBS 12.2 Technology Stack Administration; by Kevin Hudson & Elke Phelps(Oracle), @Moscone West – Room 2024B
- 1:30 – 2:30 PM; Using Coherence on Kubernetes/OCI; by Melissa Jacobus, Harvey Raja(Oracle), @Moscone West – Room 3022C
Oracle Test Fest is back at Oracle OpenWorld this year which means it’s time to get 2019 certified. An Oracle Certified digital badge gets you noticed. It’s also socially sharable, immediately verifiable, and a fraud-proof way to prove your skill.
The event offers nine complimentary testing sessions, and all exams are available to choose from. Each session will have 20 open seats that will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Nine Sessions: September 16 – 19
- Monday, Sept 16 (3 Session: 8:00 am; 11:00 am; 2:00 pm)
- Tuesday, Sept 17 (2 Session: 11:00 am; 3:00 pm)
- Wednesday, Sept 18 (3 Session: 9:00 am; 12:00 pm; 3:30 pm)
- Thursday, Sept 19 (1 Session: 11:30 am)
I will be doing 1Z0-997 & 1Z0-1042 & will be Re-doing other Certifications such as 1Z0-932, 1Z0-931 & 1Z0-998
- To know more about the 8 Week Roadmap, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Associate Certification [1Z0-932], Check here
- To know more about Oracle Cloud Autonomous Certification [1Z0-931], check here
Oracle OpenWorld 2019 is underway has a number of unique learning opportunities that will not only impact our Oracle Cloud journey—they’ll help us advance our careers.
I’m excited to be there! Join me, Atul Kumar, Oracle ACE & Cloud Expert, to share your experiences, ideas, and thoughts. See you there!