This post is a part 2 of my previous post on EBS Cloud Admin tool where we have covered EBS Cloud Admin Tool at Oracle Cloud at Customer, here we will cover the EBS Cloud Admin Tool on OCI and OCI-C.
To know more about EBS Cloud Cloud Admin Tool, check our previous post on Cloud Admin Tool
Note: OCI is part of IaaS Service model (other 2 Cloud Service models are SaaS & PaaS), where OCI is re-branding of Bare Metal Cloud Service (BMCS).
If you are just starting your journey to cloud check our previous post on Cloud Service Model: SaaS | PaaS | IaaS
EBS Cloud Admin Tool in OCI
Lets first talk about EBS Cloud Admin Tool on OCI. As we all know OCI is Generation 2 IaaS offered by Oracle and is way ahead of any Cloud Vendor. For Provisioning and Managing Oracle Application on OCI, we have Cloud Admin Tool at OCI. A recent update from Oracle related to E-business suite is we can now have 12.2.7 instance using Cloud Admin Tool.
Forgetting EBS Cloud Admin Tool at OCI here is the high-level overview:
- Create Oracle Compute Instance in the respective AD.
- Use Image Oracle-Provisioned OS Image – Oracle Linux 7.4
- Make sure all these you are deploying in the same Compartment and VCN which you have created for EBS.
- Once above setup is done then we need to download the V978719-01.zip file from Oracle Software Delivery cloud (e-delivery) under “Oracle E-business Suite Release 12.2.7” for Linux x86-64 OS. This has Oracle E-Business Suite on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Automation Archive 18.2.1. You need to untar the file EBSCloudAdminTools_v18.1.2.tgz.
- Also to get the latest version of the script you need to download Patch 28189453 and copy ProvisionOCInfra.pl script.
- Once done you are set to use the EBS Cloud Admin Tool on OCI.
- You can deploy Cloud admin tool in an Automated VCN too in case you are using for demo as the creation of Automated VCN is simple but the name of the network resource cannot be changed in this case.
Few latest and highlighted features of EBS Cloud Admin Tool on OCI
EBS Cloud Admin Tool in OCI-C
To get the Cloud Admin Tool on OCI-C is via Marketplace. You need to add 2 images to your account and then it will have all the binaries on it. To get the latest version we might need to run the selfupdate utility.
Few tips which are applicable in all Deployments
To get the version of EBS Cloud Admin Tool
$ cat /etc/ebscm.conf (This Script will give the current version of Cloud Admin Tool)
$ cd /u01/install/APPS/apps-unlimited-ebs/bin
$ perl selfUpdate.pl (This Will Update Cloud Admin Tool to the latest version)
Finally, we need to have knowledge of EBS on Cloud to run EBS on OCI & OCI-C, as basic preparation of OCI & OCI-C for Deploying Instance and Provisioning, Migration, and Maintenance of Oracle ERP – you need to have knowledge of EBS from Cloud Perspective. Please have a look at our:
It’s your turn now to share one Tip or Ask Question-related to deploy EBS (R12) on Oracle Cloud under comments
If you are just a beginner to Oracle cloud, then check our below posts to start your journey:
- 7 Days FREE Trial to Start Your Oracle Cloud Journey
- Role of Oracle Apps DBA (EBS) R12 On Cloud
- Oracle EBS (R12) on Cloud: Architects Perspective: What and Why?
- [Video] Oracle EBS (R12) On Cloud Deployment Architecture
- EBS on Cloud Beginners Training
- EBS on Cloud Advance Training
- Oracle EBS(R12) on Cloud for Apps DBAs & Architects Training: Step By Step Activity Guides/Hands-On Lab Exercise
Next Task For You
Also, If you want to know, What More To learn to enhance your skills in learning EBS Cloud, Join our FREE Masterclass on How to Create, Manage & Migrate (Lift & Shift) Oracle EBS (R12) On Cloud. Click on the image below to register for FREE