Oracle AppsDBA (R12) skills are high in demand and if you are already working as an AppsDBA but working on Patching, cloning then we highly recommend, upgrade your skills and learn High Availability (HA), Disaster Recovery (DR), Security in EBS (SSL/TLS &DMZ), Performance Tuning and much more and get higher paid and grab more opportunities in your carrier.
This post covers Hands-On Guides that you must perform to learn & become expert in Oracle AppsDBA (R12): Advance.
1. Lab Activity Guide I: EBS (R12) High Availability (HA) Setup
First of all you should know High Availability (HA) stands for Active-Active where clients can connect to more than one node. It helps in Scalability (can serve more clients and better response time) and avoid a single point of Failover.
- Redundant Systems ensuring availability of Environment even if few components fail
- Elimination of Single Point of Failure
- Minimal disruption to Business
- Infrastructure plays a Key Role in High Availability
In this lab activity guide, we learn how to setup EBS High Availability.
2. Lab Activity Guide II: 2 Node Shared Appl Top With OTD
You should know about shared Appl Top. In a shared APPL_TOP- APPL_TOP and COMMON_TOP are shared among multiple nodes. Basically, the APPL_TOP and the COMMON_TOP file systems are installed on a shared disk resource which is mounted to each node. However, each node will have separated apps stack components (IAS_ORACLE_HOME and 8.0.6 ORACLE_HOME)
When setting up Oracle E-Business Suite to use a shared application tier file system, an application tier node can be configured to perform any of the standard application tier services, such as Forms, Web, or Concurrent Processing (Batch).
In this guide, we cover how to setup 2 node shared Appl Top with OTD.
3. Lab Activity Guide III: Parallel Concurrent Processing (PCP) setup
Here you should know about Parallel Concurrent Processing (PCP). It allows running the concurrent managers across multiple nodes.
It provides fault tolerance and high performance to EBS users.
In this guide we will cover PCP setup in Oracle E-Business Suite (R12).
4. Lab Activity Guide IV: Disaster Recovery (DR) setup
You should also know about Disaster Recovery (DR), process relies heavily on Rapid Clone Utility. Oracle Data guard, recommended for Disaster Recovery solutions.
Types of Data guard:
- Physical identical copy of the Production Database on block-for-block basis
- Recovered using the Redo data received from production database
- Fully supported with E-Business Applications
- Contains same Logical information as the production database but not on block-for-block basis
- Recovered by converting production redo data into SQL statements and applying on the standby
- Not supported with E-Business Applications
- Physical standby in Read Write Mode
- Capable of receiving Redo data from production but cannot apply until in Read Write Mode
- Fully Supported with E-Business Applications
- Used for Reporting purposes, not recommended for Disaster Recovery.
In this guide, we cover how to setup Disaster Recovery in Oracle E-Business Suite.
5. Lab Activity Guide IV: Configure SSL/TLS with EBS (R12)
You should know about SSL/TLS in Oracle E-Business Suite (R12).
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), is a technology that defines the essential functions of mutual authentication, data encryption, and data integrity for secure transactions. Exchange of data between the client and server in such secure transactions is said to use the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). This has been deprecated in favor of TLS.
Transport Layer Security(TLS), is the successor of SSL. TLS, like SSL, is a protocol that encrypts traffic between a client and a server.
In this guide, we cover how to configure SSL/TLS in Oracle E-Business Suite R12.
6. Lab Activity Guide VI: DMZ Setup
Also you should learn about Demilitarized Zone (DMZ). The network segment that comes between the internet and an organization’s intranet is called a DMZ. DMZs are enforced by firewalls and other networking security devices.
Here we cover DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) Setup using the Non-Shared File system in Oracle E-Business Suite (R12) .
So if you are planning to become an expert in Oracle AppsDBA (R12): Advance topics then have a look at our training Oracle AppsDBA (R12): Advance where you get to learn things like Architecture, High Availability (HA), Disaster Recovery (DR), Security in EBS (SSL/TLS & DMZ Set-up), Performance Tuning, Workflow Notification Mailer, Printer Setup, Integration Overview (IDM & SOA), R12.2 Upgarde Flow, Troubleshooting and much more.
We also added few bonuses that 100s of our student in AppsDBA training find useful. Here are those bonuses
Bonus 1. Bonus Activity Guide: Scripts
Bonus 2. Bonus Activity Guide: EBS 12.1.3 Install
Here, we learn how to install EBS 12.1.3, Start/Stop services, Access EBS URL, Verify Applied Patches etc.
Bonus 3. Bonus Activity Guide: Adding Custom Top
Custom Applications are required if you are creating new forms, reports, etc.
This allows you to segregate your custom written files from the standard seeded functionality that Oracle Applications provide.
Customization can therefore be preserved when applying patches or upgrades to your environment.
Bonus 4. Bonus Q/A Session
After completing with all classes of AppsDBA advance course, we conducted one doubt removal session and invited all our trainees and cover all queries raised by them.
Here is some of the reasons why our students think we are the best Oracle Training institute
- Live Instructor-led Online Sessions
- Unlimited FREE retake for next 3 Years
- Training Material with Hands-on Lab Exercises (5+ Activity guides + Bonus Guides)
- Recording of Live Interactive Session for lifetime Access
- Email & WhatsApp Support
- Help in CV Preparation
- 100% Money Back Guarantee (If you attend sessions, practice and don’t get results, We’ll do full REFUND, check our refund policy)
K21 Academy Oracle AppsDBA Course Insight:
- High Availability (HA) Documentation Reference Guide For Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2 Multi Node Installations (Doc ID 2150358.1)
- Sharing The Application Tier File System in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 (Doc ID 1375769.1)
- How To Activate Parallel Concurrent Processing In R12 (Doc ID 1525233.1)
- Our Course Oracle AppsDBA (R12): Advance
Next task for you:
Download Security (SSL/TLS/DMZ) Must Read Docs for Oracle Apps DBAs (EBS R12) by clicking on the image below
Click here to register: Oracle AppsDBA Advanced
Have queries? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or if you wish to speak then share your phone number and country code and a convenient time to speak.