This Blog is the part of our Microsoft Azure Free Video Series No. 2
In this blog post, we’ve covered what is a Resource, Resource Group & how to create a Resource Group on the Microsoft Azure cloud.
While you can technically create a resource group when adding a resource, I suggest you always start by setting up the resource group first.
By creating the resource group first, you can put yourself into a frame of mind where you are considering how exactly you want to structure the application.
Note: If you don’t have the Azure account yet, then learn how to get a Free Azure Trial Account
If you don’t want to miss our video series Click Here To Register For Microsoft Azure FREE Video Series.
This Video will help you to Create A Resource Group in Microsoft Azure Portal
What Is Resource?
All the entities and services managed by Azure are called Resources. Resources may be virtual machines including Windows and Linux machines, storage, databases, active directories or networks in Azure.
What Is A Resource Group?
In Azure, a Resource Group is a logical collection of all resources. The resource group stores metadata about the resources.
It is generally created on an environment basis such as development, production or testing resource groups.
Basically, it provides a way to monitor, control access, provision and manage to bill for collections of assets/resources that are being used by a client.
How To Create A Resource Group?
1. Sign in to your Microsoft Azure Account.
2. On the Azure portal, search for and select Resource Groups.
3. Select Add
4. Enter the following details:
- Subscription: Select your Azure subscription
- Resource group: Enter a new resource group name.
- Region: Select an Azure location, such as Western India, Central US, etc.
5. Select Create. It takes a few seconds to create a resource group.
6. The resource group is now created. You can view and manage it under Resource Groups.
7. Now you can use this Resource Group to store your different Resources in your Azure Subscription.
- [AZ-103] Microsoft Azure Administrator Certification Exam: Everything You Need To Know
- [AZ-103] Microsoft Azure Administrator Certification: PDF Documentation and Tutorials
- Learn How to Create a Free Microsoft Azure Trial Account
Next Task For You
Click here to get yourself Registered for [AZ-900] Microsft Azure Fundamentals FREE Masterclass!
Join our FREE Telegram group and be the first to receive Microsoft Azure related news and updates.