If you are planning to take the Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals [DP-900] Certification then this blog is for you! In this blog post, we are going to cover all the necessary exam details such as weightage, course content, exam duration, and much more!
In this post, we will be covering the below-mentioned topics:
- What Is DP-900 Azure Data Fundamentals Certification?
- DP-900 Certification Benefits
- DP-900 Exam Details And Registration
- Pre-requisites For DP-900 Certification
- Learning Path
- Exam Topics
- DP-900 Hands-On Guide
- Who This Certification Is For?
- DP-900 Exam Day Tips
- DP-900 Exam Retake Policy
What Is DP-900 Azure Data Fundamentals Certification? ^
The DP-900 Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals Certification is intended for those candidates who want to start working with data on the cloud, get basic skills in cloud data services, and also build foundational knowledge of cloud data services in Microsoft Azure.
DP-900 Certification Benefits ^
- This certification will give a broad insight into how you can work with data on the cloud and validate your functional knowledge of cloud data within Microsoft Azure Services.
- After clearing this certification you can aim for other Azure role-based certifications such as Azure Database Administrator Associate or Azure Data Engineer Associate.
- There is a huge demand for people who can work with data and use Microsoft Azure Services in the industry today, a CV with this gleaming certification holds a great advantage.
- In terms of earning and job prospects, a certification leads to a rampant increment in both.
- Updating your professional profile with a certificate like this increases the possibility of getting recruited and also elevates your job profile.
DP-900 Exam Details And Registration ^
- Certification Name: [DP-900] Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Fundamentals
- Exam Duration: 60 minutes + 30 minutes for preparation.
- Number of Questions: 40-60
- Passing Score: 700
- Exam Fee: $99
You can register for DP-900 Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals Exam by going to the official Microsoft page.
Pre-requisites For DP-900 Certification ^
There are no pre-requisites for this exam.
Learning Path For DP-900 Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals ^
Exam Topics ^
The important domains covered in DP-900 Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals Certification are:
1.) Describe core data concepts (15-20%)
- Describe types of core data workloads – It includes describing batch data, streaming data, the difference between them, and characteristics of relational data.
- Describe data analytics core concepts – It includes topics like data visualization, charts, analytic techniques, ELT and ETL processing, and concepts of data processing.
2.) Describe how to work with relational data on Azure (25-30%)
- Describe relational data workloads – It includes topics such as relational data structures and identifying the right data offering for a relational workload.
- Describe relational Azure data services – It includes topics like PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS delivery models, Azure Services based on relational datastores, Azure Synapse Analytics, SQL Server on Azure Virtual Machine, and Azure SQL Managed Instance.
- Identify basic management tasks for relational data – It includes provisioning and deployment of relational data services, methods for deployment including ARM templates and Azure Portal, data security components, and query tools.
- Describe query techniques for data using the SQL language – It covers query relational data in PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Azure SQL Database and comparison between DDL and DML.
3.) Describe how to work with non-relational data on Azure (25-30%)
- Describe non-relational data workloads – It includes characteristics, types, and use case of non-relational and NoSQL data.
- Describe non-relational data offerings on Azure – It includes concepts of Azure Cosmos DB APIs, Azure Table Storage, and other non-relational data offerings on Azure.
- Identify basic management tasks for non-relational data – It includes describing provisioning and deployment of non-relational data services, data security components, and management tools for non-relational data.
4.) Describe the analytics workload on Azure (25-30%)
- Describe analytics workloads – It covers transactional workloads, difference between a transactional and an analytics workload, and data warehousing workloads.
- Describe the components of a modern data warehouse – It describes Azure data services for modern data warehousing and modern data warehousing architecture and workload.
- Describe data ingestion and processing on Azure – It covers the common practices for data loading, components of Azure Data Factory, and data processing options.
- Describe data visualization in Microsoft Power BI – It describes the role of paginated reporting, interactive reports, dashboards, and workflow in Power BI.
DP-900 Hands-On Guide ^
The best way to learn is to perform especially in the technical field so as to get a better understanding of the concepts. So to understand the concepts of data fundamentals and from the exam point of view, we have a complete guide Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals [DP-900]: Step By Step Activity Guides (Hands-On Labs) to help you in your learning. The list of activity guides is as follows:
- Create An Azure Free trial Account
- Create Azure SQL Database
- Use SQL to load & query Azure SQL Database
- Create & Configure Cosmos Database
- Upload Data to Cosmos Database
- Query Data from Cosmos Database
- Create Azure Storage Account for Data Lake
- Upload & Download Data in Storage Account
- Upload Images to Blob Storage
- Create a File Storage Service
- Upload Documents to File Storage Service
- Copy Data from Blob to Azure SQL using Azure Data Factory
Who This Certification Is For? ^
After all this, you will be eager to know whether you are the right candidate for this certification! So, here is the answer to that,
- Candidates who are interested in working with Data and Data Solutions.
- Data professionals, Data architects, and Business intelligence professionals who want to learn about the data platform technologies existing on Microsoft Azure.
- Those Working as Data Engineers.
- Candidates who architect and implement Cloud Solutions.
- Application Developers for delivering content from the data platform technologies that exist on Microsoft Azure.
DP-900 Exam Day Tips ^
- Run a System Test before the exam.
- Keep the work station clean, as the proctor will monitor the surroundings through the webcam. Do not keep any electronic devices around you.
- No breaks will be allowed during the exam for any reason.
- There can be a variation in the exam question types such as fill in the blanks, true or false, multiple answers, multiple-choice, drag-and-drop, fill the missing modules in the given pipeline, so be ready for it!
- Last but the most important Time Management, be careful and pace yourself on the questions so as not to get stuck on one question for very long.
DP-900 Exam Retake Policy ^
- If a candidate is not able to clear in their first attempt, they have to wait for a period of 24 hours before they try again.
- In case the candidate does not clear in the second attempt also, he/she should re-access their training and retake the exam after a waiting period of 14 days.
- At last, a candidate has a maximum of 5 retakes allowed in a year.
- Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals [DP-900]: Step By Step Activity Guides (Hands-On Labs)
- Implementing An Azure Data Solution Exam [DP-200]: Everything You Need To Know
- Implementing an Azure Data Solution | DP-200 | Step By Step Activity Guides [Hands-On Labs]
- [DP-100] Microsoft Certified Azure Data Scientist Associate: Everything you must know
- Microsoft Certified Azure Data Scientist Associate | DP 100 | Step By Step Activity Guides (Hands-On Labs)
- [AI-900] Microsoft Certified Azure AI Fundamentals Course: Everything you must know
- Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals [AI-900]: Step By Step Activity Guides (Hands-On Labs)
Next Task For You
You will know more about data concepts, why you should learn, Job opportunities, and what to study to clear [DP-900] Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals Certification by registering for our FREE CLASS.
Click on the below image to join the FREE CLASS for Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals [DP-900].