DevOps has brought a lot of changes in the IT industry. By Combining Agile in DevOps, imagine how much faster and feasible delivery DevOps will provide to a business.
In this video blog, we are going to cover what is Agile, various Agile Framework, Values of Agile Manifesto, and how does Agile supports DevOps.
If you want to know more about DevOps certification please go through our previous blog on [DOFD] DevOps Foundation Certification Exam and everything you need to know about it.
Agile Methodology | Agile Frameworks
Agile means the ability to move quickly and easily; or in a well-coordinated manner.
Agile is centered around the idea of an iterative process for application development, with multiple development cycles called sprints.
Agile is a methodology that covers many frameworks and they all incorporate the idea of iterative development and continuous feedback when creating an application.
The Agile Frameworks are:
- Scrum: It is one of the more popular and widely used Agile frameworks
- Kanban: It gives you a visualized workflow so you can break work down into small pieces.
- XP: eXtreme Programming helps you ensure the delivery of high-quality software by centering around engineering principles.
- TDD: Test-Driven Development is a style of programming in which three activities are tightly interwoven: coding, testing, and design.
- PDD: Process-Driven Development
- Lean: Its main focus is on eliminating all wasteful activities that do not add value to the customer.
Agile development refers to any development process that is aligned with the concepts of the Agile Manifesto that is comprised of four values and twelve principles.
Let’s have a look at those four foundational values:
- Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
- Working software over comprehensive documentation
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
- Responding to change over following a plan
While there is value in the items on the right, we value the items on the left more.
Let’s understand these concepts in more detail.
Individuals and interactions over processes and tools mean people and communication is more important than process and tools.
Working software over comprehensive documentation means your software should work before you spend long hours on documenting it. Otherwise, that documentation doesn’t serve any value.
Customer collaboration over contract negotiation means wasting time on negotiating over contracts while the customer satisfaction is not given, would be of no use.
Responding to change over following a plan mean we should first try to fix a problem and then follow the process before it becomes a bigger issue.
DevOps and Agile Relationship
Before Agile, Companies used to follow the traditional approach, i.e. Waterfall model for software development. To overcome the gaps introduced by the Waterfall model, companies have adapted Agile Methodology.
While DevOps addresses the communication gap between the development team and operation team, Agile addresses the communication gap between customer requirements and the development team.
DevOps and Agile both excel at facilitating communication between software developers and IT personnel with automated deployment. However, Agile refers to the development process while DevOps is more focused on deployment.
Successful DevOps relies on the adoption and integration of multiple frameworks and methodologies and Agile is one of them.
- What Is DevOps | DevOps Principles | Advantages Of DevOps | Why DevOps?
- [DOFD] DevOps Foundation Certification Exam: Everything You Need To Know
- [AZ-400] Microsoft Azure DevOps Certification Exam: Everything You Need To Know
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) Certification Exam: Everything You Must Know
Next Task For You
In our [DOFD] DevOps Foundation Training, we cover the Agile Framework in DevOps and Other Frameworks module. In this training, we also cover the Introduction to DevOps, DevOps Principle, DevOps Practices, Git, and GitHub.
Begin your journey towards becoming DevOps Foundations certified and earning a lot more in 2020 by joining our FREE Masterclass.