This post is the First video of a Multi-Part Video Series on “Oracle Autonomous Database Cloud for DBAs & APPS DBAs“.
I”ll be covering Overview of Autonomous Database, Types of Autonomous database (Autonomous data warehouse & Autonomous Transaction Processing) and Autonomous offering as Serverless & Dedicated Infrastructure.
(To be the first to receive Updates on Oracle Autonomous Database Cloud [1Z0-931], Subscribe to my Video Series)
What is Autonomous Database
Oracle Autonomous Database is a combination of Exadata with database and Infrastructure Automation running on Oracle Gen 2 Cloud i.e Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI).
It is a Cloud database that uses machine learning to eliminate the human labour associated with database tuning, security, backups, updates, and other routine management tasks traditionally performed by database administrators (DBAs). It is self-driving, self-securing, self-repairing database service.
Types of Autonomous Database
When you configure the database system on the basis of workload, Oracle Autonomous Database is categorized into two types as Autonomous Data Warehouse (ADW) and Autonomous Transaction Processing (ATP)
1. Autonomous Data Warehouse (ADW)
Autonomous Data Warehouse is a fully managed database tuned and optimized for data warehouse workloads with the market-leading performance of Oracle Database. It is Easy, Fast and Elastic scaling of compute and storage, without downtime.
Autonomous Data Warehouse uses the same Oracle Database software and technology that runs your existing on-premises workloads.
For more details information on Autonomous Data warehouse (ADW) click here
2. Autonomous Transaction Processing (ATP)
The Autonomous Transaction Processing (ATP) workload type configures the database for a transactional workload, with a bias towards high volumes of random data access. eg: Transactions, Batch, Reporting, Machine Learning etc.
Autonomous Deployment Options:
Oracle Autonomous Database offers two deployment options Serverless or Dedicated.
1. Serverless Oracle Autonomous DB is Ultra-Simple and Elastic. In Serverless you don’t know where is the Exadata server present this means you don’t own the infrastructure.
With this option, you simply select what type of database you want (Data Warehouse or Transaction Processing), which region in the Oracle Cloud you want the database deployed, and the base compute and storage resources and then Oracle automatically takes care of everything for you.
2. Autonomous Database Dedicated is Customizable Private Cloud in Public Cloud. You can customize the software update/patching policy etc.
With Autonomous Database Dedicated, you get your own Exadata infrastructure in the Oracle Cloud also you can simply specify the size, region and availability domain where you want your dedicated Exadata infrastructure provisioned.
Stay tuned for my next blog in which I’ll be covering Autonomous Database for WHO & WHY?
- [1Z0-931] Oracle Autonomous Database Cloud Certified Specialist Everything You Must Know
- click here
- How to Connect to an Autonomous Database on Oracle Cloud
- Oracle Autonomous Database Cloud Specialist: 1Z0-931 Training Program
- Oracle Autonomous Database Cloud Certification [1Z0-931]: Step-by-Step Activity Guides To Clear The Exam
- If you want to take your career to the next level by becoming Oracle Autonomous Database Cloud Specialist even if you are a beginner, then I would like to invite you to Join my FREE Masterclass on How To Be Oracle Autonomous Database Cloud Specialist [1Z0-931] In 7 Weeks.Click on the image below to register for Free MasterClass.
Next Task for You
To be the first to receive Updates and News on Oracle Autonomous Database Cloud [1Z0-931], Subscribe to My Video Series.
Click on the below image to join FREE Community group.