This post covers things you must know about Oracle Autonomous Database Cloud Certified Specialist (1Z0-931 ) Certification.
What is Oracle Autonomous Database?
Oracle Autonomous Database is the world’s only data management system to automatically patch, upgrade and tune itself. It handles routine database maintenance tasks while the system is running—without human intervention.
It is further divided into two types:
- ATP: The Autonomous Transaction Processing workload type configures the database for a transactional workload, with a bias towards high volumes of random data access. Eg Transactions, Batch, Reporting, IOT
Application Dev, Machine Leaming, etc
- ADW: The Autonomous Data Warehouse workload type configures the database for decision support or data warehouse workload, with a bias towards large data scanning operations. Eg Best for all Analytic Workloads Data Warehouse, Data Mart
Data Lake, Machine Learning, etc
To know more about Autonomous Database click here
Who is the Oracle Autonomous Database Cloud Certified Specialist?
- An Oracle Autonomous Database Specialist is an individual who has the skills to Manage complete Lifecycle Management of Autonomous Database (ATP & ADW) which includes a provision, manage & migrate to Autonomous Transaction Database (ATP) and Autonomous Data Warehouse (ADW).
- It is designed for DBA’s, APPs DBA’s, Dev Ops admins on-premise DBAs, Cloud data management professionals, and consultants who want to validate their knowledge and skills.
- An individual who clears this certification is able to understand the functionality & workflow of Autonomous Database such as provisioning and connecting, migration using SQL Developer, Data Pump, and Golden Gate, manage and monitor, and understand tools, reporting, and analytics using Autonomous Data Warehouse.
About Exam (1Z0-931)
- Exam Title: Oracle Autonomous Database Cloud 2019 Specialist
- Exam Number: 1Z0-931
- Exam Price: $245
- Format: Multiple Choice
- Duration: 120 Minutes
- Number of Questions: 60
- Passing score: 63%
Note: This certification comes under the Cloud Recertification policy.
Autonomous Database Cloud Certified Specialist Level
As of April 2019, there is only one level for Autonomous Database Certification, once you pass the exam you will become Autonomous Database Cloud Certified Specialist.
What Topics you Should Learn?
If you planning to take this exam, you have to be well prepared with the topics Autonomous Database Overview & Architecture, Provision & Connectivity, Migration & Data Loading in Autonomous Database, Managing & Maintaining Autonomous Database, Monitoring Autonomous Database & using Tools, Reporting and Analytics using Autonomous Data Warehouse (ADW), So Once you are done with learning these topics & doing Hands-on Cloud, you are ready for the exam.
Here are Module wise topic that we cover in our Oracle Autonomous Database Cloud 2019 Specialist Training Program
1. Autonomous Database Technical Overview
This topic has been covered in our Module1: Autonomous Database Technical Overview were we looking into the architecture of Autonomous Database, understanding OCI Architecture in perspective of Autonomous Database, key features of Autonomous Database & how database security is leveraged in ADB
2. Provisioning and Connectivity
This one of the important topic in terms of exam perspective as we are doing our first hands-on for Autonomous Database by provisioning (Creating) your first Autonomous Database in Cloud, connecting to ADB, download database credentials & all these are have covered in our Module2: Provisioning and Connectivity
3. Migration and Data Loading into Autonomous Database
This topic has been covered in our Module3: Migration and Data Loading into Autonomous Database, where we will be deep-diving into various migrations method for migrating to Autonomous Database such as Data Pump, Golden Gate and will also look into loading Data to Autonomous DB using DBMS_CLOUD utility
4. Managing and Maintaining an Autonomous Database
The above topic has been covered in our Module4: Managing and Maintaining an Autonomous Database, in which we will be looking at how you will be managing & maintaining your Autonomous Database, a task such as start, stop, scaling your ADB (Storage & CPU Both), how you will use APIs, CLI to manage ADB, creating user-managed backups in ADB & restoring it from backups.
5. Monitoring Autonomous Database
We have covered the above topics in our Module5: Monitoring Autonomous Database where we will be seeing how to use Service Console to Monitor the Performance of Autonomous Database and looking into various aspects such as CPU Utilisation, Running SQL Statements & Average SQL statement response time.
6. Tools, Reporting, and Analytics using Autonomous Data Warehouse (ADW)
The above topic has been covered in our Module6: Tools, Reporting, and Analytics using Autonomous Data Warehouse (ADW), in this module, we will be looking into how we will be using ML algorithms with Autonomous Data Warehouse, checking Oracle Machine Learning Notebook & how to use Data Visualization Desktop with ADW.
In our 7 weeks Training Program, we cover below Modules which will help you to clear the exam & become Oracle Autonomous Database Cloud Certified Specialist.
Top Certification FAQs
- If I fail an exam, how soon can I retake it?: You need to wait for 14 days before re-taking an exam & only allowed 4 attempts to pass an exam in a 12-month period
- Who this certification is for?: DBA’s, Cloud DBA’s, Cloud Architect, Apps DBA’s & any IT individual who willing to upgrade their skills
- Do I Need DBA knowledge: You only need to have knowledge of Autonomous Database and its concepts
- How this certification will help in Job: Two CVs with same experience but one with Certification will be preferred by recruiters & Better Job Prospects & Higher Salary
- Create Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse 18c on OCI
- How to Connect to an Autonomous Database on Oracle Cloud
- Oracle Autonomous Database Cloud Specialist: 1Z0-931 Training
- 1Z0-998 | Oracle Database Cloud Service Certification: Documentation | Training
- [Video] Oracle Cloud Infra Architect Associate [1Z0-932], 8 Week RoadMap & Documentation
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure 2019 Architect Professional | 1Z0-997
Next Task For You:
You can start learning Oracle Cloud for DBA by registering for our FREE Masterclass. By Clicking the image below.