This post covers consoles in Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) and FREE video on one of the consoles that is System Admin (sysadmin) Console.
There are four main Consoles in OIM mainly
A) Identity Console /identity: Used by End Users to Create/Manage User/Roles and Request/Approve Role
B) Sysadmin Console /sysadmin: Used by OIM Administrators to Configure & Manage OIM, Connectors, Scheduled Jobs, Add User Defined Fields (UDF) etc
C) WebLogic Console /console: Used by Administrators to Manage & Configure WebLogic Server (J2EE Server) on which OIM is deployed
D) FMW EM Console /em: Used by Administrators to Manage & Configure OIM Application & Start/Stop
This FREE Video one of the Lesson in Module Consoles from our Oracle Identity Manager Training , cover how to access Oracle System Admin Console and use of this console.
Oracle System Admin Console (http://OIM_Host:OIM_Port/sysadmin) gets deployed on Oracle Identity manager Managed Server (running on default Port 14000). This console provides:
- GUI like Oracle Identity Console but this is mainly to use or manage Oracle Identity Manager Configuration.
- This system Admin console is used by Administrators to manage & configure Oracle Identity manager.
- The SysAdmin console can be configured in Active-Active cluster.
- Not everyone can login to sysadmin, only a user with a specific role that is System Administrator role can login to SysAdmin console.
- By Default xelsysadm user have this role and you can assign this role to other users to make them system Admin.
In order to Login, first of all, make sure your Oracle identity manager managed server is up and running and then:
- Access http://OIM_Host:OIM_Port/sysadmin. (Default port for Oracle identity manager managed server is 14000).
- Login via xelsysadm username and password. This xelsysadm is a super user that gets created when you configured oracle identity Manager.
Note: If you integrate Oracle identity manager with Oracle access manager for SSO, you will be using the Oracle HTTP Server (OHS) or Load Balancer URL.
Once you login to the console, there are various sections in left like below:
- Policies: Policies are set of rules that are defined under this section.
- Provisioning Configuration: When you install connectors then you configure things related to connector through this section and links provided in this section.
- System Entities: In this section, we have Users, organisations, Roles and catalogues. If you want to modify any user or organisation or want to customize the Role, then you can do that in this section.
- System Configuration: Things like System Properties, schedule jobs, notifications or import/export will come under this section.
- Workflow: This section is used to define Workflow. For example Approval based workflow.
Do you want to learn more about Oracle Identity Manager ?
If Yes! Then.. have a look at Oracle Identity Manager Administration (Including Connectors Integration with Microsoft Active Directory MS-AD & Database Connector) with tons of features like Dedicated Machine to Practice, Live Sessions, Support, Unlimited FREE Retake Options for next 2 Year and much more.
If you are looking for commonly asked Interview Questions for Oracle Identity Manager then just click below and get that in your inbox.