Cloud is everywhere these days, be it any Customer I visit for consulting or any conference I attend/present.
#1 Question I get from DBA Managers or in Our Private Facebook Group is What Skills our Cloud DBA Team or DBA Resource We are hiring should have.
What all things my DBA team should learn or practice so We can manage Customers Database Instances running on Cloud?
After feedback from 100s of Students in last 1 Year as Cloud DBA & and Cloud EBS/Apps DBA Training and managing 4 of our Oracle Cloud Customers, I re-designed my entire Cloud DBA Training Lab/Hands-On Exercises so that they work for both DBAs or someone just starting as DBA to take them from Beginner to Cloud DBA Expert.
Believe me or not, Theory & Concepts are good (for me they are building blocks) but I remember theory (or understand theory fully) only when I do a particular task myself on Servers.
This post covers Sneak Peek of Step by Step Hands-On Guides from Oracle Cloud DBA Training where you get to learn things like Cloud Concepts, Create Database on Oracle Cloud, Start/Stop, Patch, Back-Up & Restore to Oracle Cloud Storage Service, Install & Configure OEM 13c including Hybrid Cloud Management, and much more.
Here’s the quick Sneak Peek of What You will be doing in the training:
1. Lab Activity Guide I: Register for Oracle Cloud
We start with the basics How To Register on Oracle Cloud and get FREE 300 USD credit to Practice, Shop for Appropriate Cloud Service, Logging in First Time to Oracle Cloud, & Generating SSH Keys ( Public & Private )
2. Lab Activity Guide II: Create Database Service DBCS (DBaaS)
With the Second Activity Guide, You will be creating you first Oracle Database Cloud Service, Connecting to Database Server Using Putty & Stopping Cloud Database to Avoid Being Charged (When starting, there are few tricks & tweaks that might not look that big, but these are things that you would want to know when learning Oracle Cloud )
3. Lab Activity Guide III: Manage Database on Oracle Cloud
Then we learn how to Manage Database on Oracle Cloud including Examining the Database Cloud Service Console, Start / Stop Database, Scale Up & Scale Down, Patching Database on Cloud, & Deleting Database Instance.
4. Lab Activity Guide IV: Create Storage using REST API
With Activity Guide IV, You get to know how to install cURL on Windows, Requesting an Authentication Token, Creating Your First Storage Container in Oracle Cloud, Verifying whether your container has been created or not.
5. Lab Activity Guide V: Open Ports, SSH, DBaaS, EMExpress
By Default for Securty, all Connections from Internet are blocked to Cloud Database Machine that you created in Activity Guide II. We learn about Opening Ports for SSH, DBaaS Monitor, and EMExpress.
6. Lab Activity Guide VI: Security Users & Roles
Then we learn about how to Create & Manage Users in Cloud When you need to give access to someone. Maybe a Developer, or someone else from Team… You would need to know how to Create & Manage Roles in Oracle Cloud.
7. Lab Activity Guide VII: Database Manage Storage Sessions, Wait Events
In this Activity Guide, You will be using DBaaS for advanced DBaaS Management to manage DB Storage, Alert Logs, Sessions, Wait Events & Configuring Database Features.
8. Lab Activity Guide VIII: Backup Restore Database On Cloud To Cloud Storage
We then move to how you can Backup & Restore Database that is On Cloud to Cloud Storage including Getting Storage Cloud URL for Backup Destination, Creating an On-Demand Backup of Database, and Restoring the Backup.
9. Lab Activity Guide IX: Backup On Premise DB to Cloud Storage
We now move on to, How you can Backup the On-Premise Database to a Cloud Storage including how to download RMAN Backup Module, Verifying that DB Server can Connect to Oracle Storage Cloud, Configuring RMAN Backup Module, Enabling DB in ArchieveLog Mode, & then backing up to Oracle Storage Cloud using RMAN verifying the Backup. Also, you get to learn how to sort common issues while backing up the DB to Cloud Storage.
13. Lab Activity Guide XIII: Lift Shift On Premise To Cloud Migration Using DataPump Export/Import
We now move to, How we can Lift Shift On Premise To Cloud Migration Using DataPump Export/Import, A variety of methods exist for migrating data from on-premises databases to databases in theDatabase Cloud Service.
These include Data Pump export and import, exporting to external tables, remote cloning, and unplugging and plugging databases. Some of these methods support migrating on-premises 11g to cloud 11g, some support migrating on-premises 12c to cloud 12c, and some methods support migrating and upgrading on-premises 11gR2 to cloud12c.
14. Lab Activity Guide XIV: Migrating Oracle 11g DB To 12c PluggableDB In Oracle Cloud
We now move to, How we can Migrate Oracle 11g DB to 12c Pluggable DB In Oracle Cloud, we cover Migration and upgrading steps of an on-premises Oracle 11gR2 database to a 12c
15. Lab Activity Guide XV: Moving Data To Oracle DB Cloud Using PluggableDB
Here are some of the reasons why our students think we are the best Oracle Training Institute
- Live Instructor-led Online Sessions
- Unlimited FREE retake for next 3 Years
- Training Material with Hands-on Lab Exercises (12+ Activity guides + Bonus Guides)
- Recording of Live Interactive Session for Lifetime Access
- Dedicated Machines to Practice Lift & Shift and Monitoring using OEM 13c
- Email & WhatsApp Support
- Help in CV Preparation
- 100% Money Back Guarantee (If you attend sessions, practice and don’t get results, We’ll do full REFUND, check our refund policy)
All with Learn at your own Pace from Memberahip Portal:
Hands-On ( Activity Guides ) :
Interested ? Click here to Register: http://k21academy.com/cloud/
Have queries? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or if you wish to speak then share your phone number and country code and a convenient time to speak.
Check out our Private Facebook Group for Cloud at http://k21academy.com/joincloud for Learning New Things & Discussions related to Oracle Cloud.