The first thing you should know about Oracle Cloud Certification 1Z0-160 is Overview & Offerings in Oracle Database Cloud Service (DBCS). This post will cover everything you need to learn about DBCS (or DBaaS) and prepare you for Oracle Cloud Certification for DBAs (1Z0-160).
Note: If you are not a Certified DBA, you can still get Cloud Certified and get Oracle Database Cloud Service “Operations” Certified Associate
DBCS Overview & Offerings
1. DBCS stands for Oracle Database Cloud Service that provides the ability to deploy Oracle Database in Oracle Cloud.
2. There are three Service Models in Cloud
- IaaS: Infrastructure as a Service
- PaaS: Platform as a Service
- SaaS: Software as a Service
3. Oracle DBCS is part of PaaS (Platform as a Service) offering.
4. In DBCS, each database deployment contains single Oracle Database.
5. When you configure Oracle Database in Cloud (in DBCS), you get two Service Levels
- The Oracle Database Cloud Service – Virtual Image: In this option, you get a dedicated Linux VM with Oracle Database Software Pre-Installed. You must configure Database using DBCA (Database Configuration Assistant) and you get no cloud database tools like DBaaSCLI or Automated Patching or Backup & Recovery tools
- The Oracle Database Cloud Service – In this option, you get a dedicated Linux VM and Oracle Database is installed using values provided during Database Deployment. You get cloud database tools DBaaSCLI for Automated Patching or Backup & Recovery tool (bkup_cli , orec subcommand of DBaaSCLI ) or GUI DBaaS Monitor etc
Note: In latest Update to DBCS screens with IDCS (as of Jan 2018), I couldn’t see option of Virtual Image
6. In both options above (The Oracle Database Cloud Service – Virtual Image or The Oracle Database Cloud Service), you get full root access
7. You can connect to Linux machine hosting database in DBCS using Putty with SSH Keys using user OPC (Oracle Public Cloud)
8. Architecture of DBCS (more in detail about this Architecture in future post) looks like